Does Freedom And Liberty No Longer Exist When Fear Gets Involved

One Man's Thoughts On Public Liberty

VIDEO BELOW

Although I can not speak for others, as I can only speak for myself, I feel an alarming change has come to this great country of ours.  A change in critical thinking, a change in the views of some when it comes to what America stands for in the eyes of the public.  I feel that in a lot of circumstances people tend to want to victimize a victim or excuse and shrug off the realization that their own fears tend to warp their sense of law and justice.  Just like in the old west days when lynch mobs might feel justified in hanging a man before his right to due process and a trial by jury was undertaken.  Was it mob mentality or was it their own fears that clouded any morality that they had at one time.  Was it the fear of being ostracized and condemned by the very same mob that drove people to join in, even if it was morally wrong and unlawful to do so?  I have also heard people say that if something does not effect them or their family they could care less.  I would reply to those people and question then, what happens when something does effect you and everyone else thinks as you do?  Who then would be there to stand with you?

On a warm afternoon I found myself stopping in Oceanside California to take in some of the local attractions that other people might take interests in.  One stop I made on my endeavor was a stop to take a photograph of a publicly visible sign at one of a few entry points of Camp Pendleton military base.  I took my photos and was about to leave when I noticed someone walking on the sidewalk towards me.  I could tell even from a distance of 100 to 150 yards that it was a Marine.

As the gentleman approached I turned on my camcorder and switched my phone from camera to video to document the interaction.  I felt this would be a great opportunity to gather content for my blog and YouTube Channel, as well as my Facebook page.  I had a feeling the Marine might be curious about me and that did not bother me in the least.  After all, in his position, I also might be just as curious.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty, suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." - Patrick Henry



"If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - James Madison




The Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security have tried to make it clear to security personnel that photography from a sidewalk and other similar areas is lawful, and NOT a reason to detain an individual. (CLICK HERE FOR DOCUMENT)  Yet it seems to me that under a person's own fear or the fears expressed by others, some still feel the need to overstep their authority no matter if it is lawful or not as in the Constitution be dammed.  My video was picked up and published on two websites almost immediately.  One was the webstie Photographyisnotacrime.com and the other was USMClife.com.

I have read comments left by readers on both websites and the difference is stunning.  One might believe that anyone that claims to be fighters of freedom and the defenders of liberty would understand the First Amendment of our Constitution.  What saddens me more is the thought that maybe they understand but just choose to ignore or just do not truly care.  Is it ignorance or just a self satisfying thought that they are in a different class then civilians?  If you check them out yourself you just may be surprised.





No comments:

Post a Comment